Our Website Design Process
The following will guide you through the step by step process for the development of the content managed web site.
DAY 0: Quotation
We start the process by having you fill out our questionnaire. This gathers information about your company, services, audience, purpose and site goals as well as an indication of the look and feel you require for your website. We use this information to help us deliver an accurate quote, though we will also telephone you first to discuss your requirements in more detail.
DAY 1: Order & Data Gathering
Once you are ready to place an order, we will send you a proforma invoice and then we will need the following from you:
- A deposit of 50% of the price agreed
- Copies of your existing printed information (in softcopy)
- The specific words you require on each page of your website, as well as pictures and graphics (e.g. buildings, people, logos, products, previous projects, etc.) we can provide copyright-free pictures for most subjects.
- A list of the email accounts you require setting up (e.g. email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org ) as well as an indication of whether they should use forwarding or POP3 and, if you want any auto-responses, the brief text for each response.
DAY 2-6: Design
When we have received your order and deposit, we will do the following:
- We will register your domain name(s) (or arrange a transfer, if you already have one or more) with your name or company name recorded as domain owner and set up your e-mail accounts
- Apart from designing the web pages themselves, resizing of photos, photo optimisation, color sampling (if you want to match a corporate color to your site design), logo design and similar tasks are all done during this phase of the website design process
- We aim to produce your home page within 5 working days this will be the first draft and we will amend it until you are satisfied
When you have approved the home page (i.e. the look and feel of your whole site), we will start on the other pages of your website
- After the approval of the home page, we normally take between 2-3 days to complete all the pages, depending on the size and complexity of your website.
- We will then arrange to show you the first draft of the completed site (either online or in person) if you request any changes, we will make them.
- Once you have approved the completed website, we will require the balance payment of 50%
DAY 7: Publication
When we receive the balance payment, we will do the following:
- Using our chosen hosting company, we will publish your website online where millions of people can see it at any time of the day or night!
- This starts your first year of web and email hosting
- We will immediately promote your website to the search engines, web directories, local and subject specific directories but please be aware that it can take weeks and even months to be added to the main web search engines and directories for the first time
- You should also now start advertising the site yourself, notifying trade associations, telling business acquaintances and publishing the information on your standard print material such as brochures and business cards
- We want to ensure that you are completely happy with your website, so we will make any minor changes you require in the first 30 days at no charge!
1. If you experience any problems with your website (e.g. wrong links, incorrect text, missing images), then email a description of the problem and we will try to fix it within 1 working day.
2. We will provide guideline to teach you how to update and maintain your web (manual ebook provided).
3. We will send you a regular email with an executive summary of your website statistics.
This is just a guideline and it might be change without notice and depend on the requirements OR the packages that you sign up with us.
Frequently Asked Question
A collection of faqs here for your reference. Please read through to understand our commitment and also see how you can benefit from our solution.
If your question is not answered here, you can contact us anytime. We’d love to hear from you.
Why is your charges so low? Is it a sub-standard jobs?
No, we’re not delivering a sub-standard jobs. We deliver professional looking, which is simple, optimized, effective and standards compliant website designs.
We’re experts in the technical areas like coding, standards, web technology, hosting, computer etc. And we take into consideration all the important aspects like aesthetics(visual appeal), loading speed, search engine optimization, semantics(language) and usability, not just the visual aspect.
We’re able to charge the lowest fee, yet incorporate all the important aspects into your design because we’ve reduced or completely eliminated unnecessary cost / expenses. An easy example which is we work exclusively through the website and phone — and the savings are passed to you, our customer.
What type of customers do you accept?
Every business should have a niche. Here’s how we’d like to describe our niche — Providing small to medium businesses with the most cost-effective yet high-quality web services.
What is CSS website standards layout design?
Generally, web layout was done using ‘tables‘, with HTML 4.0 or lower. It’s not recommended anymore as it has lots of disadvantages. Yet this method is still being practiced by some until today.
We use standard CSS layout and coding method for all of our designs. Without going further into the technical aspects, here are the benefits for your webpages:
- faster loading time (which most search engine like it)
- more search engine friendly (better ranking)
- more accessible to other devices instead of just computers, eg iphone, smartphone.
- ‘future-compatible’ even with yet uninvented standards
- easy maintenance and updates
With the rapid growth of the Internet technologies, new standards and inventions may pop up anytime. If you want your website to be fully interoperable, it has to be built according to CSS standards (with good separation of content and presentation).
What is search engine optimization (SEO)?
Search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo, display search results by relevance, ranking, content of your web pages etc. Basically, what you want is for the search engines to display your website ahead of your competitors — preferably on the first page (top 10) of search results. For example, if you’re selling flower in Kuala Lumpur, you want the search engines to display your website at the top whenever potential customers search for phrases related to ‘flower or florist‘ and ‘Kuala Lumpur‘.
Most of the business websites are NOT optimized at all, as most web designers do not include it as part of the package – some offer SEO as separate fee-based service. But we’ll do it for you – which included in our web design Packages!
The page title is just a very small part of search engine optimization (SEO). There are many more techniques and we’ll inform you about all that during the design process.
Almost 85% of internet users rely on search engines to find what they’re looking for! So, a website without search engine optimization is just like a advertisement board in the forest which is hidden and hardly can be found.
I already have a website, can you improve it's ranking with SEO?
Yup, please see our search engine optimization pricing and package details page.
Of course we need to have a look at your website and give you a report on the condition of your site. You’ll be informed whether your site has any optimization or language (English) problems. Initial study is FREE and we’ll not force you to take up our SEO service if it’s not necessary.
So, let us know immediately for a free study on your website.
How do you receive payments?
We receive payments by cheque or through bank deposit / telegraphic transfer.
You need to pay us a 50% deposit (web design package) of the price agreed after you agree on the quotation. An you only need to pay us the balances when everything has been completed which we will send you the Invoice. We are work exclusively through the web and paperlessly too which we’re environmentally friendly.
In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Vivamus adipiscing fermentum quam volutpat aliquam. Integer et elit eget elit facilisis tristique. Nam vel iaculis mauris. Sed ullamcorper tellus erat, non ultrices sem tincidunt euismod. Fusce rhoncus porttitor velit, eu bibendum nibh aliquet vel. Fusce lorem leo, vehicula at nibh quis, facilisis accumsan turpis.
– Ali Sayed